Intro to the CRC806 Research Project
RDM requirements for DFG funded Projects
Implementation of the CRC806-Database
Findings and Conclusions
Collaborative Research Centre 806
- Research theme: "Migration and dispersal of Homo Sapiens from western Africa into central Europe".
- About 100 researchers in 7 thematical clusters and 21 sub-projects
RDM within DFG funded Projects
- Requirement: data needs to be accessible at least for 10 years after publication
- CRC's are fundet in 3 phases of 4 years (each phase is evalutated after 3 years)
- Project runtime up to 12 years + 10 years of minimum data availabilty = 22 years
Typo3 based website
- Server maintained by RRZK
- Robust and adapable user role management
- Modern MVC style extension framework Extbase + Fluid
- Large user and developer community
- Well supported and sustained in enterprise sector
User role and Access management
CKAN based DataCatalog
- Data stored within AFS instance of uni-koeln.de
- Possible to access the data Files directly via AFS and SSH from the data storage backend (read only)
- Filesystem physically on SAN (SVC 6.3), redundant RAID5/RAID6 (IBM DS4800 and DS3512)
- Desaster backup by SVC falshcopy volumes, backup on Tapes (IBM ADSM) in a different Building.
- Open Source FTW!
- Open Standards FTW!
- Open Data FTW!
- Open APIs and Interfaces FTW!
- Still much to do!
- RDFa markup
- SPARQL Endpoint